I’m very happy to announce the release of Mojolicious 2.0 (Leaf Fluttering In Wind).
It is now almost a year since our first stable release, and what a great year it has been. The community really exploded, with now over 100 regulars on the IRC channel and 450 watchers on GitHub, making us by far the most successful CPAN module there. Thanks everyone!
Of course we also have many new features for you, here are the highlights:
- Perl 5.10.1: We have finally increased the Perl version requirement and are already using all new features extensively. The performance increase is substantial, especially if you’re coming from Perl 5.8.
- Morbo: A brand new self-restarting development web server that just works, even on Windows.
- libev: Native support for the EV event loop and in turn AnyEvent. (example)
- Events: Many objects now emit events, which can be used to extend Mojolicious. (you’ll hear much more about this soon, it’s very cool)
- Mount plugin: Whole Mojolicious applications can now be embedded easily.
- Groups: Mojolicious::Lite applications became a lot more powerful. (example)
- Hypnotoad: Our primary production web server got a lot more user friendly.
- Collections: Making web scraping a hell of a lot of fun. (example)
- WebSocket testing: You won’t believe how easy it can be. (example)
And as usual there is a lot more to discover, see Changes on GitHub for the full list of improvements.